Operate equipment and manufacture quality material, on time, at the lowest possible cost and in a safe and environmentally responsible manner in a chemical plant.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Complies with environmental and safety regulations for operating area.
- Quality of the products and adherence to ISO9001 standards.
- Confers with peers, technical and supervisory personnel to report or resolve conditions affecting safety, efficiency and product quality.
- Adheres to the process standard operating procedures.
- Performs tasks as outlined in the Operator training plan.
- Maintains equipment.
- Reviews and analyzes process data for special cause and corrective action.
- Perform routine/non-routine housekeeping jobs to keep area clean and safe.
- Reacts, in accordance with Emergency Preparedness Procedures, to emergency situations.
- Flexibility to work outside standard operating hours and tasks. Must be willing to work 11 1/2-hour shifts, 6am-6pm or 6pm to 6am, holidays and overtime when necessary.
- Communicates work order priorities to the Team Leader.
- Actively involved in generating results sharing ideas.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. required.
- Experience in a manufacturing facility would be a plus, but not required. We will train you.
- Knowledge of hazardous chemicals would be a plus.
- Applicants must be able to pass a physical requirements of the job and a background check.
- Basic computer skills (email, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel a plus)
- Must have strong observational skills and communication skills.
- Will be required to wear respiratory protection, full body protective clothing, hand, eye, foot, head, and hearing protection.
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated good troubleshooting and communication skills (written & verbal)
Ames offers excellent benefits packages which includes:
- $1,000.00 Sign-in Bonus
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Voluntary Supplemental Health Insurance – Accident 24 Hour Plan; Specified Disease & Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Shift Differentials
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid time off
- 13 Paid Holidays
- Company Paid Life Insurance and Supplemental Life Insurance
- Long-term Disability
- 401k with Company Match
- Profit Sharing
Ames Goldsmith Corporation is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.