Ames Goldsmith is looking for Chemical Plant Operators at our Glens Falls plant to operate equipment and manufacture quality materials.
Two Night Shift positions available– Hours are 6:00 PM – 6:00 AM. Shift differentials.
- High school education or equivalent.
- Strong observational and communication skills.
- Will be required to wear personal protective equipment.
- Required to work in extreme temperatures all year round.
- Required to lift 50lbs. Required to push/pull 300lbs with mechanical assistance.
- On the job training means no previous manufacturing experience is required.
Strong benefits package includes medical, dental and vision insurance with low weekly premiums, shift differentials, 401K with company match, profit sharing, potential bonuses twice a year, paid vacation and sick time, paid holidays, shift differentials, etc.
Chemical operators will be making and handling primarily silver based products. Silver nitrate, silver oxide, silver powder, silver coated copper, and silver flake are all manufactured by Ames Goldsmith. Our products are used in everything from batteries and medical devices to cell phones and automobiles. It is a fast paced environment where equipment and processes are continually being upgraded. We are also looking to staff our refinery, where we recycle silver bearing materials.
1. Personal safety and that of others present in the section. Compliance with all safety and health responsibilities, for “All Employees”, as stated in the Company’s Safety & Health Procedures Manual.
2. Quality of the products and adherence to ISO9001 standards.
3. Complies with environmental and safety regulations for operating area.
4. Confers with peers, technical and supervisory personnel to report or resolve conditions affecting safety, efficiency and product quality.
5. Communicates work order priorities to the Team Leader.
6. Adheres to the process standard operating procedures.
7. Maintains equipment.
8. Reviews and analyzes process data for special cause and corrective action.
9. Perform routine/non-routine housekeeping jobs to keep area clean and safe.
10. Reacts, in accordance with Emergency Preparedness Procedures, to emergency situations.
11. Flexibility to work outside standard operating hours and tasks.
Salary: $21.00/hr – Shift differentials.
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place