Process customer orders and act as point of communication between customers and operations (scheduling, quality control, production, shipping and laboratory plus field sales). Tasks include order entry, phone and email contact with customers and sales representatives and processing and administration of international orders. Additional duties include processing of customer complaints and other non-routine activities as necessary.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receive, process and verify the accuracy of orders from customers utilizing the organization’s internal ERP system and customer purchase orders.
- Set-up new customer accounts, as well as, maintain existing customer accounts. This includes customer interactions and transactions. Customer databases and customer material records.
- Provide pricing and delivery information to customers.
- Process customer sample orders, MSDS and technical data sheet requests. Check stocks, verify ship dates and troubleshoot as necessary.
- Initiate required action for response to customer service requests for order changes, including the maintenance of order/customer information files and communicates changes to the appropriate personnel or departments.
- Handle E-commerce activities including but not limited to EDI, Web-enabled order transaction and miscellaneous inquires.
- Ensure and provide quality service to both internal and external customers. Particularly the coordination and communication with internal departments.
- Professionally handle incoming requests from customers and obtain and evaluate all relevant information to handle product and service inquiries ensuring that issues are resolved both promptly and thoroughly.
- Deal directly with customers either by telephone, electronically or face to face. Thoroughly and efficiently gather customer information, access and fulfill customer needs, educate the customer where applicable to prevent the need for future contacts and document interactions.
- Record details of inquiries, comments, complaints, and of actions taken.
- Continuously evaluate and identify opportunities to drive process improvements that positively impact the customer’s experience.
- Other miscellaneous tasks as directed including daily audits or orders, filling, etc.
- 4yr degree required
- 5 years customer service experience, manufacturing a plus
- Working knowledge of international order entry and processing
- Computer and keyboard proficient in MS Office
- Experience with EDI. Working knowledge of internet and E-commerce
- Capable of working with little supervision
Salary: $55,000.00 – $58,000.00 per year
- As needed
- Professional, service oriented telephone skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Great organizational skills and follow-up
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work as a team member in a cooperative yet assertive fashion