Perform analytical testing, maintain records of results, follow written procedures. Also, responsible for planning daily work activities, coordinating the resources necessary to accomplish required tasks, maintain and troubleshoot issues related to test equipment. Must be able to multi task in a fast-paced environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Complies with all corporate health, safety and environmental policies.
- Works safely, maintaining a safe work environment, and maintains overall laboratory cleanliness.
- Handles and disposes of lab generated hazardous waste according to safe practice and environmental compliance.
- Properly disposes of precious metals upon completion of testing in accordance with lab protocols.
- Conducts routine analysis to support production and development efforts while strictly following existing analytical methods/calibration requirements.
- Maintains control charts of product and calibration data to ensure stability and measurement capability of test results. Assists in the interpretation of data to observe trends.
- Completes preventative maintenance to maintain analytical instruments as required by lab management and manufacturer recommendations.
- Must be able to work a 12- hour shift.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Associate degree with emphasis on Material Science, Chemistry, or similar science is a plus.
- A minimum of 1- year previous general lab experience in an academic or industrial laboratory setting.
- Must have basic skills in MS Word and Excel.**
- Must be able to communicate clearly, both written and verbally.**
- Experience with 5S methodology for workplace organization is a plus
- Hands on experience with wet chemistry techniques and instrumentation such as ICP-OES, Flame AA, Graphite furnace AA and UV/VIS spectrometer is a plus.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Great organizational skills and follow-up.
- Strong ability to influence.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $26.00 /hour, Shift Differentials. Excellent benefits
$1,000.00 Sign-On Bonus
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Temperature is taking when shift starts. You are required to wear a mask at all times. Hand sanitizers are available at multiple locations around the buildings. Social distancing is enforced.