Employees in this job install, maintain, repair, and inspect buildings, grounds and mechanical process equipment and systems including but not limited to centrifuges, ovens, pumps, agitators as well as overall plant maintenance activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Installs, maintains, and repairs all different types of industrial equipment, pumps, process piping, agitator and gear boxes, etc.
- Moves and replaces machinery and auxiliary apparatus using hand and electric trucks, fork lifts, scissor and aerial lifts. Knowledge of crane operation a plus.
- Fabricates, assembles, repairs, troubleshoots and tests parts as needed, such as various pumps, valves, laboratory equipment, heaters, compressors, and other mechanical system parts using metal fabricating tools, common hand tools, power tools, pipe threading machines, welding and burning equipment, etc.
- Pipe fitting, including measuring and fitting of PVC and CPVC piping as well as threading and welding of carbon steel and stainless steel piping. Welding experience needed. (ex. Stick, Mig &Tig)
- Performs building and/or masonry repair such as preparing cement, installing reinforcing steel rods, patching and finishing cement work, and replacing damaged masonry.
- Drives a truck for general hauling of supplies, equipment, and material.
- Provides training in the proper methods to carry out maintenance assignments. Inspects work to assure proper installation, maintenance, and repair of buildings and equipment.
- Requisitions and/or purchases supplies, materials, tools, machine parts, and other necessary equipment.
- Maintains records and prepares reports related to the work regarding equipment, supplies, and materials.
- Mechanical calibration.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Educational level typically acquired through completion of high school. Minimum of 5 years of experience in mechanical trades.
- Knowledge of the accepted practices, processes, materials, and tools of the maintenance trades.
- Knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions of the building maintenance trades.
- Ability to do routine mechanical maintenance and care for tools and equipment.
- Ability to work from sketches, drawings, and blueprints.
- Ability to maintain records regarding material, equipment, and repairs.
- Some jobs require the employee to be exposed to toxic substances, heights, flammable fluids and corrosive materials, confined space and noise requiring work permits and proper protective personal protective equipment (PPE) including respiratory protection.
- The job duties require an employee to bend, reach, kneel, and stand for extended periods.
- The job duties require an employee to climb ladders and utilize lifting equipment.
- The job duties require an employee to move heavy objects.
Ames Goldsmith Corporation is located in South Glens Falls, New York. Please send your resume to [email protected].
Ames offers excellent benefits packages which includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Paid time off
- 13 Paid Holidays
- Company Paid Life Insurance and Supplemental Life Insurance
- Long-term Disability
- 401k with Company Match
- Profit Sharing
Ames Goldsmith Corporation is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.