Responsible for the quality and efficiency of existing production processes while operating in a safe manner. This position requires strong analytical skills and an ability to interact with both the hourly workforce and plant management on a daily basis to identify opportunities for and implement actions to continuously improve existing production processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain and/or improve first pass acceptance (FPA) of assigned processes.
- Review process worksheet and develop action plans when unplanned deviations occur in process.
- Scale-up product from pilot to full scale production.
- Troubleshoot processing equipment issues. Provide input for permanent fixes and/or preventive maintenance schedules.
- Investigate customer complaints using root cause analysis techniques. Develop and implement process improvements to address root causes.
- Review specifications for new customers and raw materials.
- Initiate and implement improvements to process with regard to quality and mistake-proofing using South Plainfield approved methods (ie PMF).
- Participate in Management of Change, HazOp, and Pre-Startup Safety Review processes as needed.
- Actively participate and/or lead Job Safety Analysis Teams.
- Prepare for and participate in UL and customer visits, audits, and inquiries regarding existing processes.
- Propose disposition of off-specification, process-deviated, and process-modified materials to quality review board (QRB).
- Maintain up-to-date documentation for existing processes, (ie. process worksheets, standard operating procedures, references, forms, etc.). Train production supervision personnel on updated documentation.
- Maintain up-to-date Navision documentation for existing products, including Bill of Materials and Recipe information.
- Track process yields and variances from standard cost. Propose and implement improvements as necessary.
- Understand process capacity and suggest improvements to eliminate bottlenecks.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering or related field.
- Six Sigma certification – Green Belt and Minitab experience a plus.
- Minimum 5 to 7 years of experience in Manufacturing Engineering in fast pace batch production facility, make to order, preferably in the chemical or metal powder manufacturing.
- Effective skills in analytical thinking and problem solving.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and presentation skills.
- As needed
- Technical Capability
- Communication Proficiency
Ames Advanced Materials offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, excellent benefits package and 401K and Profit Sharing Plan. Interested candidate should e-mail their resume to [email protected]
Ames Advanced Materials Corporation is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.