Responsible for managing the Research and Development Team, and for establishing new/innovative world class products for our precious and base metal powders and flakes product lines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide direction with respect to resource allocation and prioritization. Manage programs utilizing stage and gate protocol and document progress.
- Provide broad technical leadership for the team and be able to give detailed technical input daily.
- Manage project communications to all stakeholders (project teams, functional managers, internal and external customers, and senior management), including meeting minutes, monthly updates, communications meetings.
- Functionally manage the personnel in the group (job performance, career development, etc.)
- Interface with vendors, customers, and senior management.
- Research current technologies and potential future technologies relevant to the metal powders and flakes industries.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or related science subject, Masters or higher preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of technical leadership and management of multi-disciplined research or engineering teams, in an industrial setting.
- Broad knowledge in chemistry and science with emphasis on inorganic chemistry.
- Knowledge of materials testing and processing.
- Strong organizational skills, multi-tasking and problem solving skills.
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills.
- Self-motivated to exceed goals, and able to make decisions independently.
- As needed, up to 10-15% overnight.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Voluntary Supplemental Health Insurance – Accident 24 Hour Plan; Specified Disease & Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Shift Differentials
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- 13 Paid Holidays
- Company Paid Life Insurance and Supplemental Life Insurance
- Long-term Disability
- 401k with Company Match
- Profit Sharing
- Performance Bonus
Ames Advanced Materials Corporation is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.