Coordinate and manage the health and safety activities of the South Plainfield, NJ. The role will focus on planning and execution of a plant-wide health and safety strategy to assure regulatory compliance, achieve zero workplace injuries, cause no harm to the environment or community we operate in, and meet new safety challenges for obtainment of business objectives. Establish safety as a core value. Serve as the site liaison with all government officials regarding all H&S activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead the site’s safety committee and safety initiatives (Ex. Toolbox Talks).
- Oversee monthly safety training, new employee safety training, and arrangements of other safety training, as needed. Share monthly safety training with other sites. Ensure compliance with all safety and environmental training requirements on all shifts.
- Work with supervision to investigate any injuries, near misses, and incidents using root cause analysis. Prepare OSHA 300 logs and notify OSHA as required.
- Maintain the site industrial hygiene programs for noise and chemical exposure and manage any testing or surveys required (Ex. Respiratory Protection, Hearing Conservation, Radiation, and Lead). Work with Engineering and Operations with management of change.
- Maintain site written assessment process for appropriate personal protective equipment and enforce equipment usage requirements. Oversee any changes to PPE equipment.
- Maintain site Hazard Communication program including safety data sheets, training, and labeling, as needed, for incoming materials.
- Maintain site safety work permits and related programs in conjunction with Maintenance. Ensure calibration of monitoring equipment is completed and manage equipment specific lockout procedures and confined space assessments.
- Maintain emergency response program and manage inspections of emergency equipment for site and HAZMAT team.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor of science degree in Chemical Engineering, Safety, Chemistry, or any equivalent technical field with 5+ years of experience in the environmental health and safety field.
- Knowledge of EHS consensus standards (e.g. OSHA, NFPA, ANSI) and Behavior Based Safety.
- Professional certification (e.g., CIH, CPEA, CSP, or PE) a plus.
- Demonstrated skills in regulatory and human relations.
- Computer literate – proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of software applications.
- Good communication skills across all levels of the organization.
- Ability to drive, manage and influence change.
- Well organized and can plan and follow-up on items.
- Less than 20%
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Voluntary Supplemental Health Insurance – Accident 24 Hour Plan; Specified Disease & Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Shift Differentials
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- 13 Paid Holidays
- Company Paid Life Insurance and Supplemental Life Insurance
- Long-term Disability
- 401k with Company Match
- Profit Sharing
Ames Advanced Materials Corporation is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.