Pyromet is a subsidiary of the Ames Goldsmith Corporation. We are a precious metals manufacturer and refiner of silver, gold, and platinum group metals. Our services include providing product and refining services for film, high grade, plating, investment, electronic and other industrial markets.
Operates equipment and manufacture quality material, on time, at the lowest possible cost and in a safe and environmentally responsible manner in a refining facility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Personal safety and that of others present in the area. Compliance with all safety and health responsibilities, for “All Employees”. Ensuring safe operations of gas-fired and induction melting furnaces.
- Quality of the products and adherence to ISO9001 standards.
- Complies with environmental and safety regulations for operating area.
- Confers with peers, technical and supervisory personnel to report or resolve conditions affecting safety, efficiency, and product quality.
- Communicates work order priorities to the Supervisor to follow and meet the production schedule.
- Verifies inventory weights.
- Melts, samples and refine precious metals.
- Fabricates purified silver products by hand.
- Properly uses, operates, and maintains equipment to reduce down time.
- Perform routine/non-routine housekeeping jobs to keep area clean and safe.
- Complete documentation including maintenance request forms.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Organization skills.
- Multi-tasker with good time management skills in high pressure situations.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
- Some jobs require the employee to be exposed to toxic substances, flammable fluids and corrosive materials, confined space and noise requiring work permits and proper protective personal protective equipment (PPE) including respiratory protection.
- Bending, reaching, kneeling, and standing for extended periods.
- Able to handle exposure to extreme heats all year round.
- Required to lift heavy objects 50+ pounds.
- Required to be clean shaven in order to wear a respirator.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Plant experience preferred.
- Knowledge of hazardous chemicals a plus.
- Experience in safety programs a plus.
- Forklift experience preferred.
Salary: $19.00/hr – Shift differentials.
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as required.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance